What data do we collect?
You directly provide The Pudding with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Sign up for our email list
- Voluntarily provide your input that becomes part of a story’s experience (ex: The Gyllenhaal Experiment, The Birthday Paradox Experiment). This is never personally identifiable.
The Pudding may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Your browser’s cookies when you use or view our website
- Third-party partners including Facebook and Twitter
- Spotify, for our AI music project. No spotify data is stored, and you can remove ties between your Spotify account and the project by clicking remove access for “Bad Music” on Spotify’s 3rd Party app page here.
- Location information when we provide localized content (ex: Human Terrain, What City is the Microbrew Capital of the US?). Location data is no more granular than a reader’s city and is not tied to any other personal information.
How will we use your data?
The Pudding collects your data so that we can personalize stories and create content for stories from reader-generated inputs.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org