What data do we collect?
You directly provide The Pudding with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Sign up for our email list
- Voluntarily provide your input that becomes part of a story’s experience (ex: The Gyllenhaal Experiment, The Birthday Paradox Experiment). This is never personally identifiable.
The Pudding may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Spotify, for our AI music project. No spotify data is stored, and you can remove ties between your Spotify account and the project by clicking remove access for “Bad Music” on Spotify’s 3rd Party app page here.
- Your browser’s cookies when you use or view our website
- Location information when we provide localized content (ex: Human Terrain, What City is the Microbrew Capital of the US?). Location data is no more granular than a reader’s city and is not tied to any other personal information.
- Third-party partners including Facebook and Twitter
How will we use your data?
The Pudding collects your data so that we can:
- Personalize stories
- Create content for stories from reader-generated inputs
When you visit a website, the website logs information to the browser, creating a text file called a cookie. Cookies collect standard internet and visitor behavior information, such as whether you are logged in, what you’ve placed in your shopping cart, or what preferences you have set. The Pudding may collect analytics information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function if you remove or disable cookies.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at email@example.com